Vincent Bueno is a Vienna-based singer, songwriter, and performer, born on December 10, 1985. With Filipino roots, he developed a strong passion for music and performing arts from a young age. His musical journey began at the age of sixteen when he enrolled at the Musik & Kunst Privat University, formerly known as the "Konservatorium der Stadt Wien," and eventually graduated in 2007 with a degree in Musical Theater.
While pursuing his studies, Bueno dedicated his time to creating his own music, focusing on music production and songwriting. As a burgeoning artist, he actively participated in various theater productions and shows both during and after his academic journey:
- 2004: The Flower from Hawaii (Stadttheater Baden)
- 2005: The King and I (Stockerauer Festspiele)
- 2005: Casting (Wiener Metropol)
- 2006: Who will be a Megastar (Bühne Im Hof, St. Pölten)
- 2006: Joe & Julie (Wiener Metropol)
- 2007: Rosa Riedl (Renaissancetheater - Theater Der Jugend, Wien)
- 2008: Winner of "Musical! The Show"
- 2008: Jesus Christ Superstar (Museumsquartier, Wien)
- 2009: Aida (Wörthersee, Seebühne)
- 2010: La Cage Aux Folles (Stockerauer Festspiele)
- 2011: Musical Rocks Tour (Vienna, Munich, Triest)
- 2012: Proudly Green (SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia, Philippines)
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016: Musical Rocks Tour (Vienna, Munich, Berlin, and more)
- 2015: Mamma Mia (Raimund Theater)
- 2016: Who Will Sing for Austria? (Eurovision Pre-Finals ORF)
- 2016-2017: Monsieur Claude und seine Töchter (Kammerspiele der Josefstadt)
- 2017-2018: West Side Story (Tiroler Landestheater)
- 2018 (Summer): Monsieur Claude & Seine Töchter (Sommernachtskomödie Rosenburg)
- 2018 (Fall): Monsieur Claude & Seine Töchter (Häbse Theater - Basel)
- 2019 and 2020: Rock My Soul (Metropol Theater)
- 2021: Eurovision Song Contest (Rotterdam)
- 2021-2022: Miss Saigon (Raimund Theater VBW)
- 2022: König & Ich (Seebühne Mörbisch)
- 2022: Rock My Soul (Metropol Theater)
- 2023: One Vision - Musikrevue (Sommerspiele Melk)
- 2024: Twist (Metropol Theater)
- 2024: Die Drei Von Der Tankstelle (Schloss Weitra Festival)
Vincent Bueno has made notable appearances on television in Austria, including winning the ORF TV singing competition "Musical! Die Show" in 2008. He also participated in the Austrian version of "Dancing with the Stars" in 2009. In the summers of 2009 and 2010, he was a celebrity guest on "Starnacht am Wörthersee." More recently, he appeared in the Eurovision pre-finals for Austria in 2016 and guested with his wife Charity on Vera Russwurm's talk show "It happens in the best of families."
After the Musical Rocks Tour in 2011, Vincent returned to his native Philippines. There, he signed a contract with Universal Records Ph and gained recognition for his club song "Party Hard," which climbed the MYX Philippines Charts. This track also served as the theme song for the TV series "Growing Up." Vincent became a familiar face on the celebrity TV musical show A.S.A.P.
Upon returning to Austria, he embarked on a national tour with the EGON7 Band until the end of 2015. In early 2015, he made his musical comeback, impressing audiences at the Raimund Theater in his role as "Sky" in MAMMA MIA alongside a talented cast.
In 2016, Vincent took part in the Eurovision pre-finals for Austria with his song "All We Need Is That Love." He also participated in the last Musical Rocks! Tour in 2016 in Zurich, Switzerland. Later in 2016, he played the role of the Asian son-in-law, "Chao Ling," in the theater piece "Monsieur Claude und seine Töchter" at the Kammerspielen der Josefstadt.
In Fall 2017, he played Prince Finn in the musical "Luna" and then joined the cast of "West Side Story" in Innsbruck at the Tiroler Landestheater.
In the summer of 2018, Vincent reprised his role in "Monsieur Claude & Seine Töchter," this time at the Sommernachtskomödie Rosenburg.
In March 2018, Vincent released his latest work, "INVINCEBLE." In December 2019, he hosted his second late-night music/talk show, "Realtalk with Kuya Vince," at Sneak In, Vienna. On the same day as the show, he was announced as the official representative of Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
From February to March 2020, Vincent performed in the musical "Rock My Soul" at Wiener Metropol in Vienna. In 2021, he represented Austria for the second time at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam with the song "Amen."
After the Eurovision Song Contest, he released a mini EP that offers closure to his Eurovision journey. This EP includes two songs, "Parachute" and "Dumb Human Bias," both of which were originally written as Eurovision Song Contest demos but were officially released on June 25, 2021.
In the fall, he was part of the ensemble of the musical "Miss Saigon" at the Raimund Theater Vienna, with an alternate role as the second cover of "Thuy."
For 2022 and beyond, Vincent Bueno has a busy schedule, including roles in various productions such as "König & Ich," "Rock My Soul," "Schnitzel & Soya Sauce," "One Vision - Musikrevue," and more.
Vincent Bueno's diverse career and musical journey have taken him around the world, and the Eurovision Song Contest played a significant role in his musical path.